Monday, September 04, 2006

So how did it go in paris?

So how did the visit go? Well we saw about 12 apartments. We saw every shape and size. Personally I was torn between the contemporary "New York" loft style I love so much and the classic Parisian Haussman style. Funnily enough we didn't see many NY loft style, although we did see one amazing house in this style, but the access was bad for a stroller. We saw a 4 level house near the opera, hidden in a courtyard behind a chinese takeaway smack in the middle of tourist ville. The rest were apartments as you would expect. We saw a beautifully renovated apartment overlooking the Invalides, but just too small. We saw another with a view in the back windows of the Musee d'Orsay, but bedrooms too small. Anyway we saw many, and all of them seemed to have one thing not quite right. However on our last (third) day of looking we saw a duplex apartment in the 16th (tres snob), just vacated by the Spanish Ambassador. Once I got over my NY loft thing, given that we are leaving NYC after all, I figured I could get used to the Sistene Chapel style clouds on the ceiling. It is quite a special place, and it even has a shower (pretty unusual in the places we saw) and a walk in closet. Oh and it also has a maid/au-pair room in the roof. we didn't actually see this, but were told it is quite functional, so who knows. So now we have to work out how we mix contemporary furniture with Louis XV. I have some cool ideas, and am very much looking forward to moving in to my Louis XV phase of life. Anybody want to buy...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have the maid's room please! Alistair says he doesn't mind sharing with the maid.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home